After finishing his undergraduate degree from the Industrial Design Program at Emily Carr University, Alejandro has focused his interests in developing design projects that mark an immediate difference in contemporary society. By having a familial background in Medicine and by being born in a developing country, his focus is creating work that directly helps individuals basic needs. The form of the designs is shaped by his close relation to Ecuador’s traditional methods and aesthetics, mixed with his woodworking experience and love of modernism.
Pratt Institute 2016 - 2019
MID Candidate: Product Design
Emily Carr University of Art + Design 2011 - 2015
BDes Industrial Design: Industrial and Product Design
Freelance Design and Branding for SAN FRANCISCO UNIVERSITY September 2015 - January 2016
• Design and branding development for electronic medical dispenser project for
San Francisco University of Quito’s medical clinic Sistemas Médicos “SIME”.
• In charge of production of final functioning prototype, logo and visuals.
Internship at CARDÀNAS May 2014 - June 2014
• Design and development of studio workspace at Cardànas Ecuadorian shoe company.
• Designing for future manufacturing utilizing minimum budget and material.
Internship at MOBILIER July 2013 - August 2013
• Design and Development Department intern at Mobilier Ecuadorian furniture company.
• In charge of ideation, designing, 3D modeling and rendering of custom furniture.
Internship at ADRIANA HOYOS May 2012 - June 2012
• Innovation and Development Department intern at AHCorp International furniture company.
• In charge of furniture 3D modeling and stock material data base for digital customization.